Student grievances

Informal resolution

It is expected that in the first instance, students of the faculty will attempt to resolve a complaint informally with the staff member concerned.

If the complaint is not resolved informally or it is one of bias on the part of the staff member concerned, the student may direct the complaint to the next appropriate level.

  • For coursework-related academic issues contact:
    • Unit Coordinator
    • Chief Examiner
    • Courses Leader (where required, advice and/or referral to Program Director).
  • For coursework-related administrative issues contact:
    • Admissions and Student Services Office
    • Coordinator, Admissions and Student Services
  • For Professional Experience academic issues contact:
    • Professional Practice Consultant (PPC)
    • Manager, PPC
    • Director, Professional Experience
  • For Professional Experience administrative issues contact:
    • Professional Experience Office
    • Manager, Professional Experience

Any student who has a difficulty may also wish to discuss the matter confidentially with a member of the university counselling or health services or a Student Rights Officer or the Monash Postgraduate Association.

Formal resolution

If you have followed the informal resolution process and are not satisfied with the outcome, a written request for resolution of the matter may be lodged with the Faculty Grievance Officer.

To lodge a formal grievance you must complete the Grievance Lodgement Form and email it to the Faculty Grievance Officer at

Further information

See Monash student complaints and grievances page for information on how matters of concern can be resolved.

Students should note that the university has formal grievance or appeal procedures in the areas of exclusion, discipline and sex-based harassment that are separate from the academic and administrative grievance process.