Master of Teaching specialist/methods units
Students enrolling in the Master of Teaching specialising in Secondary Education or Primary & Secondary Education need to select their method units from the list below according to their offered method areas.
You are not permitted to enrol into method units other than those approved and indicated on your offer letter.
Students should enrol in method unit 'A' for Semester 1 in their first year, then method unit 'B' in Semester 1 of their second year ('B' added during the re-enrolment period at the end of each year). For example,
- EDF5121 - Accounting education in the secondary years A - Semester 1, 2015; then
- EDF5122 - Accounting education in the secondary years B - Semester 1, 2016.
Please refer to your course map for information on course progression.
Requests to change methods will be considered from February onwards, once VTAC offers are finalised. All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and will only be approved if:
- the student is considered academically qualified to teach the method area according to the VIT specialist area guidelines,
- there is room for additional enrolments in the method unit classes,
- the professional placements office anticipate being able to source an appropriate placement for that method area.
To request a change of method, please do so in writing via Ask.Monash.