- Innovating in early childhood: Using technology for equity and STEM learning
- 6:30pm – 8:00pm (Melbourne time zone)
- Online live stream
- Open to:
During National Science Week, we will showcase innovative digital tools, alongside what we have learnt about supporting STEM conversations with educators and families over the past year. Come along to our public lecture to hear about our findings to date.
When people engage in digital conversations it is usually about tasks. However, we have designed digital tools to enhance meaningful sharing between children and their families and early childhood educators.
You will experience the following journey with a special focus on STEM PlayWorlds across different digital platforms:
- Laureate Professor Marilyn Fleer will share a snapshot of an exciting professional development model for family day care educators to help them bring STEM into the family home.
- Dr. Prabhat Rai will showcase how to work remotely with families through innovative models of collaboration and engagement.
- PhD student Sharon McCormack will highlight creative and imaginative ways that families and educators can use social media for STEM learning.
- Public lecture commences online
- Questions from audience
- Event concludes
This is a past event and registrations are now closed.
Please see our other upcoming events.