- Working with transgender young people: A critical developmental approach
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm (Melbourne time zone)
- Online live stream only
- Open to:
Join us during Monash Diversity and Inclusion week as we explore the distinct mental health needs of transgender and non-binary young people due to gender-based discrimination.
Professor Damien Riggs, (a Professor in psychology at Flinders University, an Australian Research Council Future Fellow, a psychotherapist in private practice, and a Fellow of the Australian Psychological Society), will provide an overview of the mental health needs of transgender and non-binary young people, before outlining a clinical approach to working with this population.
In this event you will gain an understanding and appreciation of:
- tools for identifying discrimination directed towards transgender and non-binary young people
- how developmentalism has limited our understanding of transgender and non-binary young people
- the utility of an approach to case formulation that is critical of gender norms.
- Lecture commences online
- Questions from audience
- Event concludes
This is a past event and registrations are now closed.
Please see our other upcoming events.