Brain-based Teaching Strategies - Re-invigorating your Classes
As a primary or secondary teacher, this course will engage you with research-based and classroom-proven strategies to see how, irrespective of disciplines, brain-based teaching and learning can be used to motivate, engage and deepen learning, to boost classroom success.
The course is practical and will offer you a repertoire of classroom-based strategies to use immediately with content, activities or syllabi that you are currently working with.
- What is brain-based learning? How are brain-based strategies used in classrooms?
- What is Whole Brain Teaching (WBT)?
- Role-modelling so you can see, hear and feel HOW the strategies are used in your classrooms
- Learning and engaging with the 12 brain-based principles
- Gaining practical tools of engagement for more active classrooms
- Discovering (and remembering) the secrets to accurate memory and recall
- Getting the inside secrets of how to influence your student's brain chemistry
- Brain-friendly tools and strategies for literacy instruction across all disciplines
$275 (incl. GST)
One day class of six hours.
Dates and venue for 2017
For 2017 dates please contact the Professional Development Office:
+61 3 9905 2700
+61 3 9905 2911
To register for this course, please download and complete:
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Class participation, the presenter will identify a variety of practical tasks during the course.
You will gain a Certificate of Completion.