Supporting Children with Additional Needs in Early Childhood
This course focuses on the inclusion of children with a diverse range of needs in early childhood programs. It is designed for qualified and unqualified staff and students as well as others associated with early childhood education and care.
An increasing number of children with developmental delay, disabilities and other special needs are participating in community based early childhood programs.
- What is inclusion?
- Working in a team
- Strategies for including children with additional needs
- Communicating with and supporting parents
- Supporting Children's Communication competence.
Cost for 2018: $250 (GST-free)
Cost for 2019: $265 (GST-free)
Day class of seven hours
Dates and venues
16 October 2018 (Tuesday)
8:45am - 4:30pm
26 June 2019 (Wednesday)
9am - 3:30pm
11 September 2019 (Wednesday)
9am - 3:30pm
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Your presenter will identify a variety of practical tasks during the course
- Class participation / minimum class attendance is required
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.
This workshop can contribute to the special needs professional development requirements for VIT registration.