Brain-based Teaching Strategies - Re-invigorating your Classes
As a primary or secondary teacher, this course will engage you with research-based and classroom-proven strategies to see how, irrespective of disciplines, brain-based teaching and learning can be used to motivate, engage and deepen learning, to boost classroom success.
The course is practical and will offer you a repertoire of classroom-based strategies to use immediately with content, activities or syllabi that you are currently working with.
- What is brain-based learning? How are brain-based strategies used in classrooms?
- What is Whole Brain Teaching (WBT)?
- Role-modelling so you can see, hear and feel HOW the strategies are used in your classrooms
- Learning and engaging with the 12 brain-based principles
- Gaining practical tools of engagement for more active classrooms
- Discovering (and remembering) the secrets to accurate memory and recall
- Getting the inside secrets of how to influence your student's brain chemistry
- Brain-friendly tools and strategies for literacy instruction across all disciplines
$285 (incl. GST)
One day class of six hours.
Dates and venue for 2018
21 November 2018 (Wednesday)
9am - 3:30pm
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Class participation, the presenter will identify a variety of practical tasks during the course.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) 1.2, 2.5 (part), 3.1, 3.3, 4.1, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4.
You will gain a Certificate of Completion.