Mindfulness, Voice and Presentation Techniques for Teachers
This course is designed for primary and secondary teachers who wish to learn mindfulness techniques which can assist you in building resiliency, reducing stress and anxiety and how these techniques can be applied in your classroom.
In addition, you will develop a range of practical skills and techniques in the effective use of the voice and the development of presentation skills for improved classroom delivery.
Associate Professor Craig Hassed is an expert in mindfulness and has recently given an address on mindfulness at the House of Commons during a visit to the United Kingdom.
- Introduction to mindfulness, the research behind it and its role in education
- How can mindfulness assist teachers in building resiliency and reducing stress
- How can mindfulness be used to facilitate student learning and wellbeing and ways that mindfulness can be used in a school environment
- Learn techniques for effective voice projection and articulation
- Using actor training techniques, learn how to develop your confident teacher presence
Day class of six hours.
$300 (incl. GST)
Dates and venues
23 October 2019 (Wednesday)
9am – 3:30pm
There are no prerequisites for this course.
A variety of practical tasks will be identified during the course.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) 3.3, 3.5, 4.1, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4.
You will gain a Certificate of Completion.
Associate Professor Craig Hassed