Working with Primary School Aged Students with Autism
For teacher aides working with primary school aged students with autism in a school setting; this course develops skills and strategies to fulfil your role based on a sound knowledge of the features of autism that impact on student learning.
- Definitions and characteristics of autism
- Impact on families
- The child with autism in the classroom
- Social skills
- Understanding and addressing behavioural difficulties
- Working to develop positive strategies
- Behavioural Intervention Framework.
Evening class of three hours per week over three weeks.
$335 (GST free)
Dates and venue for 2018
October 17, 24, 31 (Wednesdays)
5.30 - 8.30pm
This course has no prerequisites; however, it is most relevant for people working with students with autism.
- Your presenter will identify a variety of practical tasks during the course
- Class participation / minimum class attendance is required.
The Faculty of Education, Monash University will issue you with a Certificate of Completion.