Primary Mathematics Leadership Program
Designed for leaders of mathematics, this course focuses on improving mathematics teaching and learning in primary schools through professional development and collegial networking opportunities. You will be supported to maximise the potential of your colleagues in the classroom. The range of experience brought to the role by you will be acknowledged and your knowledge of mathematics teaching and learning and interpersonal and leadership skills will be extended.
Underpinning the course is substantial research evidence both of effective pedagogical approaches to the teaching and learning of primary mathematics and the conduct of the role of the primary mathematics leader.
The program will:
- Examine the complexity of the role of primary mathematics leader
- Build capacity as a subject leader
- Review the research on effective primary mathematics practice
- Model effective practice
- Look at ways of supporting teacher change
- Re-examine mathematical content knowledge through topics that are “tricky” to teach and learn.
Three days of six hours per day.
To be advised.
Dates and venue for 2019
Please contact us to express interest in the next program.
Participants should be leaders in primary mathematics or aspiring leaders with the ability to undertake some mathematics professional development with colleagues in primary schools e.g. School Maths Leaders, Mathematics Coordinators, Primary Mathematics Specialists.
- Your presenter will identify a variety of practical tasks during the course
- Class participation / minimum class attendance is required.
The Faculty of Education, Monash University will issue you with a Certificate of Completion.