Studying and Writing for Certificate of Education Support Courses
This course is for you if you are about to embark on study in a Monash Certificate of Education Support course, but are unfamiliar with studying at tertiary level in an Australian university setting.
The course will boost your confidence and skills; it will focus on strategies for developing study skills, use of resources and academic reading and writing.
- Understanding what teachers want and what learners need to do at university
- Time management and study strategies appropriate for life's demands
- Accessing and using technology and libraries
- Understanding assignment tasks
- Writing assignments (processes involved in doing assignments; features of academic and professional writing; referencing; grammatical issues).
$191 (incl GST)
One day class of six hours.
Dates and venue for 2018
July 14 (Saturday)
9am - 4pm
October 12 (Friday)
9am - 4pm
This course has no formal prerequisites. However, we expect you to have basic computer skills to support your learning.
You are to complete a variety of written tasks during the course. You will be given a homework task, so that feedback can be given that will help develop your skills.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.