Professional development programs
Looking for a career change or an opportunity to learn new skills?
We offer a range of non-award professional development short courses suitable for educators, school leaders, support staff and the wider community.
Our programs are delivered by experienced education specialists, faculty staff and external consultants. We work closely with schools and government bodies to keep our content up-to-date with the recent developments in the sector. Our programs are run at various locations around Melbourne, and in regional Victoria.
We can also customise a program to suit your needs - ask us about it.
Programs on offer
Health and Physical Education
An immersive masterclass in camp planning
This short course will enhance your camp planning and facilitation skills. It will deepen your understanding of risk management and best-practice for residential camps.
Teachers and Education Support Staff
- Brain-based Teaching Strategies - Re-invigorating your Classes
- Certificate of Education Support - Integration Aide / Teacher Aide
- Education Support Staff - Effective Support Practices in Inclusive Classrooms
- Educational Planning for Students with Special Needs
- Mindfulness, Voice and Presentation Techniques for Teachers
- Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Primary Schools
- Teachers Working Effectively with Education Support Staff/Teacher Assistants
- Teaching Strategies to Support Students with Disabilities and Difficulties
- Working with Primary School Aged Students with Autism
Literacy and English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Addressing the Needs of English as an Additional Language (EAL) Students in Primary Classrooms
- Addressing the Needs of English as an Additional Language (EAL) Students in the Secondary Mainstream
- Middle Years Literacy in and for the 21st Century
- Using ICT to Support Multimodal Literacy Practices from Foundation to Year 6
- Engaging and Challenging Students in Primary School Mathematics
- Extending Mathematical Understanding (EMU) Intervention Specialist Teacher (Early Years)
- Extending Mathematical Understanding (EMU) Intervention Specialist Teacher (Middle Years)
- Extending Mathematical Understanding (EMU) Intervention Specialist Teacher - Ongoing Professional Development
- Getting Ready in Numeracy (GRIN)
- Primary Mathematics Leadership Program
Counselling and Welfare
- Connecting Science Practice and Pedagogy in Early Childhood Settings
- Creating Positive Educational Settings for Children with a Disability (Early Childhood)
- Engaging Babies and Toddlers Through Everyday Activities
- Engaging Parents, Carers and the Community in Early Childhood Settings
- Engaging with the revised Victorian Early Years Learning & Development Frameworks
- Learning through Play Pedagogies
- Supporting Children with Additional Needs in Early Childhood
- Supporting Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Early Childhood Settings