We are committed to:
- to a rights-based approach to the provision of education services to Indigenous Peoples
- building the capacity of non-Indigenous educators to work in partnership with Indigenous education experts to improve education outcomes for all Australians
- educating you to meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers in knowledge and skills for working effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- educating you to understand and respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures in the spirit of reconciliation
- encouraging and supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to become teachers, researchers, and leaders in the mainstream education systems of Australia
- working in partnership with schools and communities to provide opportunities for your placements.
Indigenous education and leadership units
- EDF2031 - Indigenous perspectives on teaching and learning
- EDF4513 - Indigenous and traditional education in a global world
- EDF5657 - Indigenous perspectives in professional practice
- HDR opportunities: are you interested in undertaking a research degree? Please refer to our profiles and contact us directly.
Scholarships for Indigenous students
- Faculty of Education Indigenous Scholarships - We are offering five Indigenous Student Scholarships to assist and encourage Indigenous Australians to undertake studies in education.
- University-wide Indigenous Scholarships
- The Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- More Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Teachers Initiative (MATSITI)