We are committed to:
- to a rights-based approach to the provision of education services to Indigenous Peoples
- building the capacity of non-Indigenous educators to work in partnership with Indigenous education experts to improve education outcomes for all Australians
- educating you to meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers in knowledge and skills for working effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- educating you to understand and respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures in the spirit of reconciliation
- encouraging and supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to become teachers, researchers, and leaders in the mainstream education systems of Australia
- working in partnership with schools and communities to provide opportunities for your placements.
Indigenous education and leadership units
- EDF2031 - Indigenous perspectives on teaching and learning
- EDF4513 - Indigenous and traditional education in a global world
- EDF5657 - Indigenous perspectives in professional practice
- HDR opportunities: are you interested in undertaking a research degree? Please refer to our profiles and contact us directly.
Teaching, leaders and educational administration
The Indigenous Education and Leadership team develops and teaches these units. The team's members are:
Scholarships for Indigenous students
- Faculty of Education Indigenous Scholarships - We are offering five Indigenous Student Scholarships to assist and encourage Indigenous Australians to undertake studies in education.
- University-wide Indigenous Scholarships
- The Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- More Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Teachers Initiative (MATSITI)