Services and support
Academic Language and Literacy Development Unit
Our Academic Language and Literacy Development Unit provides a wide range of academic and learning support and services for students at the undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree level. Services include academic writing, reading and referencing workshops, focused study groups, hands-on English language program, research and thesis writing seminars, and one-on-one academic consultations.
Student advisers are staff in the Faculty Admissions and Student Services Office. They are here to help you with any course administrative enquiries, including admission, enrolment, course maps, progression, study abroad, credit for prior study, and academic progress. There are separate course advisers based on campus - Berwick, Clayton, Peninsula, Gippsland, and abroad - and year-level. There are also distinct course advisers for honours and higher degrees by research candidates.
Non-academic student support
Student experience includes:
- orientation and transition events to help new students adjust to university life
- support from our Student Ambassadors
- Career Fairs that provide opportunities to meet prospective employers
- social networking opportunities available all year round, including social events, camps and excursions like:
- exciting day trips to scenic locations around Victoria
- afternoon tea for all international students
- student networking lunches and events.
the learning space
the learning space at Clayton campus has
- generous study areas
Our recently renovated learning space feature lots of glass and light – so you get a window into how other professionals lead and teach.