Educational Planning for Students with Additional Needs
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to write and implement a Personalised Learning and Support Plan for students with special needs.
It will help you meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers’ requirements and allows you to meet the VIT Special Needs Plan registration requirements.
- Eligibility criteria for the "Victorian Program for Students with Disabilities Guidelines"
- Aims, responsibilities and membership of the student support group
- The impact of specific disabilities and impairments on learning
- Understanding the student
- Describing entry skill levels and assessment for learning
- Writing long, intermediate and short term goals
- Prioritising what needs to be taught, including Victorian Curriculum F-10
- Assessment and evaluation of student progress
- Evaluation of an individual learning plan
- Implementation of an individual learning plan
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Identifying learning styles
- Behaviour management
- Developing behaviour management plans
- Connecting students to school.
Two days - seven hours per day
When and where
9.00am - 4.30pm each day
$640 (incl GST)
Morning tea and light lunch included.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, the course is most relevant for people working with students with special needs.
There is no assessment associated with this program.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.
This workshop can contribute to the special needs professional development requirements for VIT registration.