Educational Planning for Students with Special Needs
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to write and implement a Personalised Learning and Support Plan for students with special needs.
It will help you meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers’ requirements and allows you to meet the VIT Special Needs Plan registration requirements.
- Eligibility criteria for the "Victorian Program for Students with Disabilities Guidelines"
- Aims, responsibilities and membership of the student support group
- The impact of specific disabilities and impairments on learning
- Understanding the student
- Describing entry skill levels and assessment for learning
- Writing long, intermediate and short term goals
- Prioritising what needs to be taught, including Victorian Curriculum F-10
- Assessment and evaluation of student progress
- Evaluation of an individual learning plan
- Implementation of an individual learning plan
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Identifying learning styles
- Behaviour management
- Developing behaviour management plans
- Connecting students to school.
Seven hours per day over three days
When and where
This course is not available in 2020. Please contact us on 9905 2700 if you would like to discuss tailoring this course for group delivery at your venue.
Please contact us for further information on course fees.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, the course is most relevant for people working with students with special needs.
- Class participation/attendance
- Assignment (optional to gain Certificate of Completion with credit recognition)
- Prescribed reading.
You can choose to gain a Certificate of Attendance or a Certificate of Completion (based on successful completion of assessment tasks) from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.
The Faculty of Education recognises the Certificate of Completion to the value of 12 credit points towards further study in a number of postgraduate level courses. Please refer to our Assessment and credit options.
This workshop can contribute to the special needs professional development requirements for VIT registration.