Engaging in Effective Grief and Loss Support
This program is designed for education or health professionals wanting to build their knowledge and expertise within the field of grief and bereavement. It aims to provide you with the knowledge, skills and resources to provide bereavement care and support to your clients or students.
This program is run in association with Red Nose who have 40 years of experience in grief and loss support.
What you will learn
- Grief and loss theories and frameworks
- Effective grief and bereavement support (including ethical considerations)
- Working with children and adolescents through grief and loss
- Supporting grieving families after the death of a baby or child
- Engaging in effective brief contact or single session grief and bereavement support
- Self-care and burnout prevention
Online program: one 2-hour online class per week over 6 weeks, 6.00pm - 8.00pm
You will require internet access and a laptop, computer or other device that will enable you to join a virtual classroom and access an online learning portal. Your chosen device requires a camera, microphone and sound.
When and where
6 X Wednesday evenings
May 18, 25
June 1, 8, 15, 22
6.00pm - 8.00pm
$650 (inc. GST)
There is no assessment associated with this program.
This program is designed for educators, health professionals or anyone wanting to develop their skills in practice.
This program references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST): 4 and 6.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.