Mindfulness for Teachers
This course is designed for teachers who wish to learn mindfulness techniques which can assist you in building resilience and reducing stress and anxiety.
This course is presented by Associate Professor Craig Hassed, Monash's mindfulness coordinator and Tracie Kellock, local teacher and mindfulness leader.
What you will learn
- Mindfulness neuroscience and research as it relates to education
- How mindfulness can assist in stress reduction and improve mental, physical and social health
- How mindfulness can help to foster emotional intelligence and more effective communication
- The relationship between stress, performance, attention and motivation
- The importance of dealing with distractors including technology
- The negative impacts of complex multitasking and interrupting the flow
- Practical formal and informal mindfulness techniques and how they relate to learning and teaching
- How to create a calm classroom and help students manage attention
- The importance of mindful compassion and kindness
- How mindfulness can facilitate student learning and wellbeing
One day of six hours
When and where
Please contact us for further information on course fees.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
There is no assessment associated with this course.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST): 3, 4 and 6.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.