About our research
Monash is in the top one per cent of world universities according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013-2014. We are ranked sixth in the world in the subject of Education according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2013 and 2014 and four stars 'above world standard' in Education according to Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2012.
Academic communities are a home for staff in which our research, teaching and engagement can be understood in relation to the culture, expectations and opportunities in the Faculty.
Research groups are formed by academics with similar research interests to share ideas and research efforts, and to collaborate with colleagues from other institutions. Research students can use these web pages to locate a potential supervisor.
- Arts.Creativity.Education research group
- Early Childhood Conceptual PlayLab research group
- Education, Environment and Sustainability research group
- Globalisation, Education and Work research group
- Health, Sport and Physical Education research group
- Languages and Literacies Research Group
- Digital Education Research Group
- Science Education Research Group
- Teacher Education research group
Research is a key priority within the Faculty of Education. Our research degrees meet the varying needs of educators, educational administrators, managers, policy makers and others interested or involved in education within the wider community.
Monash University is known for its expertise in the learning and development of people, communities and organisations and its influential research within these areas.
Graduates from our research programs achieve senior education and research positions within the public and private sectors – in Australia and around the world.