Education and Artificial Intelligence PhD Scholarship 2021
- DURATION: 3 years and 6 months (3.5 years)
- STIPEND: $29,500 per year, tax-free stipend
- LOCATION: Monash University, Clayton campus
- START: 2021
Applications close Tuesday 31 August 2021, 11:55pm.
About the scholarship
Monash Education is offering a PhD scholarship for full-time research at postgraduate level. The award is available to an applicant intending to undertake a PhD with a focus on education and artificial intelligence (AI).
We are looking for ideas for PhD projects that resonate with the Faculty's research theme of Shaping Digital Futures.
Possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Student experiences of AI in education
- The changing nature of learning and knowledge in light of AI-augmented education
- The changing nature of pedagogy in AI-mediated educational environments
- The changing nature of educational work and labour with/alongside AI technologies
- The role of AI technologies in educational governance, organisation and management
- AI technologies and issues of surveillance/ privacy in educational contexts
- Issues of ethics, equity and justice implicit in educational uses of AI technologies
- The political economy of AI and education
- Sociotechnical imaginaries of AI and education
- Anticipating possible futures of AI and education.
We would welcome proposals on any topic and context that you feel is worth pursuing – with a preference for projects with clear potential for interdisciplinary approaches.
The awardees will be determined by a panel in a merit-based selection process.
The successful candidate will complete their PhD under the supervision of Professor Neil Selwyn, as well as at least one other academic from the Faculty of Education and/or Faculty of IT at Monash University, depending on your topic.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic candidate
- have the necessary qualifications to meet the selection requirements into the doctoral program (see Monash University PhD entry requirements)
- be enrolling full time
- not already hold a PhD or equivalent qualification.
How to apply
To apply, applicants must complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form by the closing date stated above.
For further information about this scholarship and the potential areas of research, please email Neil.Selwyn@monash.edu.