Shaping Digital Futures PhD Scholarship 2021
- DURATION: 3 years and 6 months (3.5 years)
- STIPEND: $29,500 per year, tax-free stipend
- LOCATION: Monash University, Clayton campus
- START: 2021
Applications close Wednesday 30 June 2021, 11:55pm.
About the scholarship
Monash Education is offering a PhD scholarship for full-time research at postgraduate level. The award is available to an applicant intending to undertake a PhD with a focus on digital technology and Indigenous education.
We are looking for ideas for PhD projects that resonate with the Faculty's research theme of Shaping Digital Futures.
Possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
- digital inequalities
- languages / language reclamation
- digital story-telling
- digital knowledge sharing
- data sovereignty
- digital placemaking
- student social media and other digital media practices.
We would welcome proposals on any topic and context that you feel is worth pursuing – with a preference for projects with a focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The awardees will be determined by a panel in a merit-based selection process.
The successful candidate will complete their PhD under the supervision of Professor Neil Selwyn, as well as at least one other academic from the Faculty of Education and/or Faculty of Arts at Monash University, depending on your topic.
To be eligible you must:
- be a domestic candidate
- have the necessary qualifications to meet the selection requirements into the doctoral program (see Monash University PhD entry requirements)
- be enrolling full time
- not already hold a PhD or equivalent qualification.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply, applicants must complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form by the closing date stated above.
For further information about this scholarship and the potential areas of research, please email Neil.Selwyn@monash.edu.