Graduate research degrees
Our research supervisors are renowned for their multi-disciplinary approach and resilient solutions to today’s educational problems.
We have a strong record of securing major grants from Federal Government, State Government, research institutes and others in order to fund research into important educational topics such as creativity, digital technologies, expert teaching practice and more.
The Faculty supports our graduate research students in both academic and professional development. Our graduates are prepared for a wide range of employment fields, including positions of educational, cultural, political and academic leadership.
The Faculty offers several exciting international exchange opportunities for our graduate research students. These week-long exchange programs are designed to support you to:
- Develop your research skills for academic publication;
- Seek a wider audience for your work through conference presentation;
- Collaborate with international scholars in the field.
We also have a vibrant research culture supported by the student-run Monash Education Research Community (MERC).
You are free to choose any research topic related to education in some way. The only limitation is the availability of a researcher willing to supervise you.
Our researchers have varied interests and conduct research in multitudes of areas, too many to list here. Here are some of the research areas you might consider:
- Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous education
- Adult learning and professional development
- Arts education
- Child development
- Cultural and religious education
- Curriculum, pedagogy and assessment
- Dance education
- Democratic education
- Early childhood education
- Economics of education and training, education finance
- Education policy and reform
- Educational technologies
- Environmental and sustainability education
- Globalisation and education
- Health, wellbeing and physical education
- Higher education
- History education, history of education
- Inclusion, disability, cultural diversity, special education, gifted education
- Languages and literacy, LOTE, TESOL
- Leadership in education
- Music education
- Philosophy of education
- Philosophy for children
- Psychology and counselling in educational settings
- Sexuality, gender and education
- Social justice and education
- Sociology of education
- STEM education - Science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Teacher education
- Work-based learning
- ... and many others