Sanctuary in Schools: Creating a Culture of Safety, Wellbeing and Learning for All
* This is a new course - dates to be confirmed
The Sanctuary Model is a trauma-informed, whole-of-organisation change model which responds to the impact that chronic stress and adversity has, not only on those who experience it, but also on the staff who work with them and on organisations as a whole.
- Reduce stress, disengagement and disruption and increase hope
- Build a greater understanding of the impact of trauma to guide policies and enhance practice
- Equip staff, students and clients with better communication, emotional management and self-care skills
- Strengthen relationships with students, clients, colleagues and systems
- Achieve statutory requirements and professional standards
- Explore how the Sanctuary Model can harness the power of communities to create a culture of safety, inclusion, wellbeing, learning and growth for everyone
$1360 (GST free)
2 days of 7.5 hours each
Dates and venues for 2019
Semester 2 - dates to come
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course references the following APST: 1.1, 1.2, 1.6, 4.1, 4.4, 6.2, 6.4, 7.2, 7.4.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.