Education Support Staff - Effective Support Practices in Inclusive Classrooms
This practical one-day refresher workshop aims to give you the opportunity to review, expand and implement your understanding around current best practice for education support staff in inclusive classrooms.
Gain useful strategies to support independent learning of students with disabilities by offering appropriate educational adjustments. It will build your capacity to offer direct instruction to students with disabilities, as well as, better support engagement and learning.
This refresher course also aims to equip education support staff with the skills to better offer explicit instruction, effective feedback and scaffolding to enhance the learning of students with disabilities in collaboration with classroom teachers.
- Policy of Inclusive Education within the Victorian Education system.
- Best practice in the deployment and preparedness of Education Support staff in inclusive classrooms
- Work collaboratively with teachers in more effective ways
- Implement effective evidence based interventions
- Implement a scaffolding framework to encourage independent learning Develop and implement educational adjustments for students with additional needs.
One day of six hours.
When and where
Thursday 19 March 2020
9.00am – 3.30pm
$300 (incl. GST)
There are no prerequisites for this course, however, the course is designed for all support staff / teacher aides working in classrooms with students with disabilities and difficulties.
Attendance and participation.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Faculty of Education, Monash University.