Teaching Strategies to Support Students with Disabilities and Difficulties
This workshop is relevant to all school teachers from Foundation to Year 12, who wish to comply with the VIT teacher registration requirements.
This course will address the Victorian Government Special Needs Registration requirements for teachers and early Childhood teachers regarding:
- Supporting all students
- Making education settings more inclusive and
- Ensuring teachers are equipped to support the learning of those students they teach who have a disability.
- Australian policies – Disability Discrimination Act 1992, Disability Standards for Education 2005, Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (with particular reference to 1.5, 1.6 and 4.1)
- Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Severe Language Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Specific Learning Disorder, and ADHD
- Personalised Learning and Support Planning
- Differentiation strategies – practical approaches to supporting students in the classroom
- Links with the Victorian curriculum
One day class of six hours.
Cost for 2019
$300 (incl. GST)
Dates and venues for 2019
14 June 2019 (Friday)
9am – 3.30pm
30 October 2019 (Thursday)
9am – 3.30pm
There are no prerequisites for this course, however the course is most relevant for all school teachers from Foundation to Year 12.
This course references the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) 1.5, 1.6, 4.1, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4.
You will gain a Certificate of Completion.
This workshop can contribute to the special needs professional development requirements for VIT registration.