Security clearances

Mandatory checks and security clearances for Master of Psychology placements

On commencing the course and prior to commencing placements, Master of Psychology students must obtain the following:

  • Provisional Registration with AHPRA, and
  • Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance

Apply for both as soon as you join the course.

Students are responsible for having a current provisional registration and a valid WWC card for the duration of their course and placement activities.

Provisional registration with AHPRA

Provisional registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) is a mandatory requirement of the Master of Psychology courses.

Proof of this registration will be required each year and before placements can commence - apply in January each year.

There are three simple steps to applying for provision registration online:

  1. Fill out an online application for provisional registration.
  2. Upload supporting documents as part of the online application.
  3. Wait to be contacted by AHPRA.

The Faculty confirms student enrolments with AHPRA in early February.

Alternatively, you can apply for provisional registration using the APRO-76 form and lodge it with your local AHPRA office. Students can download a copy of their current enrolment in the course from WES to accompany this hard copy application.

A clearly readable pdf copy of your Registration Certificate must be uploaded to your InPlace profile by the end of week 2. It is important that we receive this piece of documentation before we begin allocating your placement. (See how to upload documents into InPlace (pdf)).

Prior to receiving your certificate, you can download a pdf from the AHPRA site by setting up an online account.

Working with Children Check (WWCC)

Before your placement may commence, all Master of Psychology students must obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance from the state of Victoria.

A clearly readable copy of your WWCC card must be uploaded to your InPlace profile before you can commence your placement activities.