Professional experience in England
Beautiful countryside, industrial cities, crowds, villages, open spaces and then there’s London! The English people have a great sense of humour and almost without exception, a strong sense of fair play. They come from a huge ethnic diversity, but they are proud to be English, so how about experiencing England while you expand your teaching skills?
- Where: Kent, South East England
- When: 23 November 2018 to 15 December 2018
- Who: Pre-service teachers in primary and secondary courses
- Cost: Approx $4600 - $5300, plus spending money ($500 - $1000)
You will be allocated to a co-educational primary or secondary school that is part of the Greenacre Academy Trust. School hours generally run 8.30am – 3.30pm and there will be lots of opportunity to immerse yourself in the school community in a range of extra-curricula activities.
Please note: the finer details will be finalised before the trip, and might be subject to change.
What's included in the cost
The cost includes:
- Round trip airfare
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Accommodation (to be confirmed closer to travel date)
- SIM card
- Public transport card
Items not included that student need to budget for:
- Snacks and lunches
- Passport and VISA expenses
- Toiletries and personal items
- Tours and some local travel
- Spending money
See what Financial support is available to you.
Opportunities to explore
After school hours and on weekends, you will have an opportunity to (at your own expense):
- Interact with other preservice teachers through a range of activities;
- Explore the local area, a castle or two and beautiful countryside;
- Travel to other parts of England;
- Take a trip to spend a weekend in a nearby European city.
How to apply?
Recruitment for overseas placements runs from March to April and July to August each year depending on the location.
See Applications, selection process and cancellations for more information.
Who to contact?
Dr Rebecca Cooper