Professional experience in Japan
Japan has a fascinating and multifaceted culture; both deeply traditional and continually and rapidly changing, updating and pushing back at any boundary. This is only part of what makes Japan such an exciting and enriching place to visit.
- Where: Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto in the Kansai area of Japan
- When: 20 January to 8 February 2020
- Who: Pre-service teachers in early years courses
- Cost: Approx $5000 - $5400, plus spending money ($500 - $1000)
You will be placed in the early years setting of an international school in the Kansai area of Japan which includes Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. School hours vary school by school so this something you will be informed about when you arrive in Japan. There will be lots of opportunity to immerse yourself in the school community in a range of extra-curricula activities.
Please note: the finer details will be finalised before the trip, and might be subject to change.
What's included in the cost
The cost includes:
- Round trip airfare
- Accommodation (to be confirmed closer to travel date)
Items not included that students need to budget for:
- Transfers to and from the airport (by train)
- Snacks and lunches
- SIM card
- Public transport card
- Passport and VISA expenses
- Toiletries and personal items
- Tours and some local travel
- Spending money
See what Financial support is available to you.
Opportunities to explore
After school hours and on weekends, you will have an opportunity to (at your own expense):
- Interact with other preservice teachers through a range of activities;
- Explore the local area, museums, parks or a stroll through the city;
- Travel to other parts of Japan .
How to apply?
Recruitment for overseas placements runs from March to April and July to August each year depending on the location.
See Applications, selection process and cancellations for more information.
Who to contact?
Dr Sarah Rutherford
Ms Rochelle Mayer, IPE Coordinator