Professional experience in Vietnam
Located in Southeast Asia, Vietnam is a small and beautiful country with a fascinating history and stunning landscapes. Exploring the beauty of this country with its people, food and culture is an experience not to be missed.
- Where: Ho Chi Minh, Southern Vietnam
- When: 21 November - 14 December 2019
- Who: Pre-service teachers across primary and secondary courses
- Cost: Approximately $4900 - $5400, plus spending money ($500 - $1000)
You will be placed in early years, primary and secondary settings in Ho Chi Minh. School hours vary school by school so this something you will informed about when you arrive in Vietnam. There will be lots of opportunity to immerse yourself in the school community in a range of extra-curricular activities.
Please note: the finer details will be finalised before the trip, and might be subject to change.
What's included in the cost
The cost includes:
- Round trip airfare
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Accommodation (to be confirmed closer to travel date)
- Some meals – welcome and farewell dinners
Items not included that student need to budget for:
- Snacks and lunches
- Passport and VISA expenses
- SIM card
- Public transport card
- Toiletries and personal items
- Tours and some local travel
- Spending money
See what Financial support is available to you.
Opportunities to explore
After school hours and on weekends, you will have an opportunity to (at your own expense):
- Interact with other preservice teachers through a range of activities;
- Explore the local area, including the cu chi tunnels, museums, enjoy the food or a stroll through the city;
- Travel to other parts of Vietnam.
How to apply?
Recruitment for overseas placements runs from March to April and July to August each year depending on the location.
See Applications, selection process and cancellations for more information.
Who to contact?
Dr Rebecca Cooper