Viewing of examination scripts
Taking the time to reflect on your exam performance can make a huge difference to how you approach future assessment. This process of self‐assessment can enable you to evaluate your own work, and to identify the areas in which you may need to improve. Feedback on your performance in exams is provided in stages:
- Stage 1
Exam Summary Feedback - available on your Moodle site once official results are released.
- Stage 2
View your exam script - apply to view your examination script for more detailed feedback
- Stage 3
If - after completing the first two stages (viewed the exam summary feedback and your exam script) - you’d still like to know more about your performance, you may submit a written request for further feedback from your Chief Examiner. The written request must outline:
- what feedback has been received thus far and why it is considered inadequate to support your learning
- the steps you have taken to obtain additional feedback; and/or
- any exceptional circumstances that have prevented you from accessing all available feedback.
View your exam script
The primary objective of allowing you to view your exam script is:
‘to provide academic feedback to the student on their exam performance, enabling them to understand where they went wrong and to thereby improve their future learning.’
- All fail grade examinations have already been second marked in accordance with University and faculty procedures.
- Viewing of exam scripts is permitted under academic supervision in the first two weeks of the following semester at a time specified by the department.
- Viewing of deferred or supplementary exam scripts will be scheduled at a time specified by the department or school:
- Semester one units — the two weeks immediately following the release of semester one deferred/supplementary results.
- Semester two units — the first two weeks of the following semester.
- A maximum of ten minutes will be allocated to view an exam script.
- You can only view your own exam.
- Academic staff will not enter into negotiation over final exam marks.
- With the exception of off campus units, copies of exam scripts will not be provided to students.
- Exam scripts are normally destroyed six months after the release of results for the unit.
Apply to view your exam script
Arrangements for exam viewing vary by department and school. Links to specific details are provided below. Monash Malaysia students should contact their School office directly.
|Civil Engineering (PDF, 0.1 MB)|
|Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering|
|Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering|
|Faculty of Information Technology|
|Faculty of Science|
You'll need to send an email to the Unit Coordinator to request this. You'll find the Unit Coordinator's name in the Unit Handbook. For further information, see Procedures for viewing of assessment work held by the Faculty of Science.
Application and viewing deadlines
|Applications to view exam script opens||Check with the relevant department/school|
|Applications to view exam script closes||Check with the relevant department/school|
|Viewing of exam scripts||A ten minute timeframe scheduled by the department during the first two weeks of the following semester|