Cross-institutional study

If you are currently enrolled in a degree program at another recognised tertiary institution, you may apply to study at Monash on a cross-institutional basis.

Unit information

For engineering areas of study available and a full list of engineering units currently offered  visit the on-line University Handbook.


If you are enrolled at your home institution on a CSP basis you will be able to study with us on a CSP basis. If you are full-fee at your home institution, then full-fees will apply. We will require official confirmation from your home institution of your student/fee status.

For information on individual unit fees please visit the fees web site.

How to apply

Please download the Single unit and cross-institutional study application form and find out the closing date from the Student Services Centre web site.

Submit your application form to the Faculty of Engineering Student Services office.

You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing. If your application is successful, you will receive a confirmation of your enrolment.

What if I need to change my cross-institutional enrolment?

Due to changes in your study plan or changes to unit offerings at Monash or your home institution you may need to amend or discontinue your enrolment after you have enrolled.


It is important that remember that standard census dates apply to cross-institutional studies.

If you are discontinuing your cross-institutional studies completely you must do so at both Monash and your home institution to avoid fees and fail grades. You will need to discontinue your Monash unit by using an Enrolment Amendment form available at the Faculty of Engineering Student Services office.

Amending your enrolment

To change units with Monash you must submit a new cross-institutional studies application form so we can assess your eligibility to enrol in the replacement unit.

Please make a note on the form that this is a replacement unit. You will also have to provide evidence that the replacement unit has been approved by your home institution.

You must meet any deadlines at your home institution as well as standard variation to enrolment deadlines with Monash (i.e. end of second week of semester).


To obtain official notification of your results for any Monash units please request a transcript from Student Services Centre.