Masters Engineering Leadership Program
Monash Masters Engineering Leadership Program (MMELP)
The MMELP offers a suite of workshops and seminars to help you develop and practice your employability and leadership skills.
Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to develop workplace competencies, prepare for industry expectations and work with cultural differences in a global context.
The program will include a number of bespoke activities including workshops on networking and communications, industry visits, an alumni panel, an introduction to Engineers Australia and more. In conjunction with this, we encourage you to take part in other professional development activities that are offered university-wide. More information on these activities can be found below.
If you are enrolled in the Master of Professional Engineering, you can count any hours associated with the MMELP towards your CPD.
Students are able to take part in the MMELP activities and events as they please. There are no entry requirements – you simply register for an event and show up!
However, it is important to note that students who meet the program’s minimum attendance requirements will be rewarded with the opportunity to list the MMELP on their Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS).
The AHEGS is a certificate you can include with job applications that will provide professional recognition of your participation in the program and give potential employers insight into your achievements.
Below is an overview of some of the activities offered to students in the MMELP
|Beginning of Course||During Course||End of Course|
* Students who attend at least 5 of these events will have the MMELP listed on their AHEGS.
Activities will be offered both in-person and online and you will be notified of the dates/times via direct email.
Recommended resources & opportunities
In addition to the activities above there are numerous other online and in-person activities offered at Monash and externally that can help you enhance your employability skills.
Activities and resources
- Monash Work Integrated Learning*
- Monash Industry Team Initiative*
- Monash Summer Research Program*
- Monash Generator*
- Study Melbourne Live Projects*
- Monash Global Communications Workshops
- Monash Career Connect Workshops
- Monash English Connect Workshops
- Career Conversations in Engineering - Career Connect workshop
- Engineers Australia
free for students to join – attend events or complete free online courses
- Monash Leap into Leadership Online (LiLO)
*Completing two online LiLO modules will count towards one unit of attendance in MPDP towards your AHEGS
- Monash Interview Stream
- Monash Online Short Courses
- Working in Australia – information and workshops for International students
- Employable you: an online guide for international students - published by the International Education Association of Australia (IEAA) to support international students in their careers
- Monash Intercultural Competence in the Workplace - online module
- More activities listed on the CPD activity suggestions page
* Requires application