Postgraduate research degrees – Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Monash
In Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, we pride ourselves on our research – our research staff, our postgraduate students and our research facilities.
Our research is no longer confined to only the traditional fields of mechanical engineering. Instead, engineering research and interdisciplinary research is happening in joint partnerships and collaborations with other engineering departments, departments of other faculties, other universities, industries and research organisations, nationally and internationally.
Postgraduate research degrees
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering offers suitably qualified engineering graduates the opportunity to undertake a higher degree in a range of research areas, including:
- Fluid mechanics and Aerodynamics
- Environmental Engineering
- Structures (aerospace, automotive, maritime, rail)
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer Robotics
Our research students undertake either of the following qualifications:
- Master of Engineering Science (Research) degree (over two years)
- Doctor of Philosophy degree (over three years).