Work integrated learning
Take your skills and knowledge further
Master of Advanced Engineering students have the opportunity to complete an internship with one of our many partner organisations through our Work Integrated Learning program (WIL) – a placement in a professional or research setting, that counts towards your degree.
For successful students, a WIL placement provides a valuable opportunity to:
- apply your knowledge to find solutions to a complex, real-world problem
- exercise your critical thinking and professional judgement and develop new understandings
- show technical skill in designing, conducting and reporting on a research project
- plan and execute a professional project with a degree of independence and accountability
- communicate in a clear and coherent way that is effective for the purpose and the intended audience.
Throughout the unit you’ll be supported with supervision in the field by your host organisation, and continuing academic supervision from your course supervisor.