A/Professor Noel Rutter
Associate Professor (Education Focused)
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Noel Rutter is Associate Professor (Education-focussed) in the Department of Materials Science & Engineering. Before joining Monash, he was previously at the University of Cambridge, UK, where he held University positions as Director of Teaching in the Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy and Director of Education for the School of Physical Sciences, and College posts as Director of Studies in Natural Sciences and Admissions Tutor (Sciences).
He has previously worked for the US Department of Energy at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee, and as a Process Engineer for Superpower Inc. in Schenectady, New York.
Dr Rutter’s education-related interests lie in
- curriculum development and assessment
- online learning and flipped learning
- embedding transferable skills
- widening participation in higher education
His technical research interests lie in the area of high temperature superconductors, including:
- materials processing
- microstructural characterisation
- mechanical properties
BA (Hons) , Natural Sciences (Materials Science), University of Cambridge
MA, PhD (Materials Science), University of Cambridge
High temperature superconducting materials:
- Materials processing
- Microstructural characterisation of bulk superconductors
- Mechanical properties of superconducting ceramics.
Last modified: November 16, 2018