Dr. Stefania Grimaldi
Department of Civil Engineering
Stefania Grimaldi completed her PHD course in Land and Water Management Civil Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Turin (Italy) in 2012. She worked for the National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training – Adelaide from June 2012 to June 2013. On July 1st, 2013, She joined the project “Improving flood forecast skill using remote sensing data” and now she is currently a research fellow at Monash University, Department of Civil Engineering.
Ph.D, Land and Water Management Civil Engineering., Polytechnic University of Turin (Italy)
- Hydraulic numerical modelling of floods and dam break waves.
- Flood monitoring and mapping.
- Interpretation of remote sensing images of floods.
- Bathymetric surveys.
- Numerical and experimental modelling of runoff and infiltration processes.
- Design and cost-effective analysis of soil and water conservation works in semi-arid climates (gabion check dams, stone contour lines, small dams).
- Physical and numerical modelling of micro-hydraulic turbines to replace pressure reducing valves in water supply systems.
- Analysis of Archimedean screws for hydropower production in irrigation channels.
CRC Project - Improving flood forecast skill using remote sensing data. Valentijn Pauwels, Jeffrey Walker, Yuan Li, Stefania Grimaldi
Last modified: 11/12/2019