Discontinue your course
If you're sure you want to discontinue from your course entirely, you need to apply for course discontinuation.
If you discontinue after a certain date, you may still have to pay fees or have a fail recorded on your academic record. This could affect you if you decide to return to study later on. Before you discontinue, check the penalties for discontinuing units.
Before you discontinue
We recommend you talk to someone before submitting your application. You can get free advice and support from a range of services to help you make an informed decision.
Your options include:
- applying for intermission (study leave)
- talking to your faculty or course adviser
- accessing Monash support services.
To apply for discontinuation
Use one of the following methods to discontinue:
- Use the Web Enrolment System (WES) (domestic, coursework, award students).
- Submit a course discontinuation form (pdf, 0.2 mb) to your faculty.
- Email your faculty from your Monash account, requesting course discontinuation.
- Talk to an adviser at Monash Connect to discuss how this affects your visa.
- Submit a course discontinuation form (pdf, 0.2 mb) to your faculty in person.
If you're planning to transfer to another university, see transfer to another provider.