Losing your place at Monash

The University may cancel your place in a course due to:

Domestic students

For students in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), the reasons may also include:

  • unpaid student contribution amount (Higher Education Support Act 2003)
  • non-completion of a Request for Commonwealth Support or HECS-HELP form (Higher Education Support Act 2003).

The questionnaire and form are in the Web Enrolment System (WES).

International students

If you are on a student visa and have been excluded or suspended, the University must report this to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE). This may result in the cancellation of your student visa.

The timing of the reporting is 20 working days after you are notified of the suspension or exclusion, unless you lodge an appeal. The University must then wait for the outcome of the appeal and report to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE) only if the suspension or exclusion is upheld.

Got a question? Monash Connect can help