Enrolment complaints and grievances

Complaints related to your enrolment

If you wish to make a complaint concerning your enrolment, please follow the steps at:

How to make a complaint

Grievances relating to the Higher Education Support Act

Follow these steps if you have a grievance about Commonwealth assistance that relates to one of the following:

  • a request to re-credit your FEE-HELP balance (s 104-25)
  • a request to re-credit your HECS-HELP balance or refund your student contribution amount for work experience units (s 36-22).
  1. Initial request: Send an application for remission of debt or written request for re-credit to your faculty.
  2. Review: You have the right to request a review of the decision not to re-credit or remit. You must make this request in writing within 28 days of receiving the initial decision, to:


    Your email must set out the reasons for requesting a review of the decision.

    The Senior Director, Student and Education Business Services, is the University Review Officer. Where the Senior Director has previously been involved in the case, the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Major Campuses and Student Engagement) will act as the University Review Officer.

    The University Review Officer will provide written acknowledgement they have received your application within five days of receipt. The acknowledgement will inform you that if you do not get a reply within 45 days, the original decision stands. The acknowledgement will also advise of your right to appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), the contact details of the nearest AAT and the approximate cost of an appeal.
  3. Further appeal: The Review Officer will notify you, in writing, of the decision and the reasons for making the decision and will advise you of your right to appeal, within 28 days, to the AAT. They will also provide contact details of the nearest AAT registry and the approximate cost of an appeal.

    Administrative Appeals Tribunal Victoria contact details:

    GPO Box 9955
    Melbourne VIC 3001

    03 9282 8444 (metropolitan area)
    1300 366 700 (country areas)

    See Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

Got a question? Monash Connect can help