Cross-institutional enrolments

If you are a student at another tertiary institution in Australia or New Zealand, you can apply to study at Monash and get credit towards your course at your home institution. Unit outlines are available from the Monash Handbook.

Cross-institutional study is a competitive process due to a limited number of places, which are made available by the faculty teaching the unit.

To apply

  1. Complete a cross-institutional study application (pdf, 0.23 mb) (non-Monash students).
  2. Provide a copy of your academic record from your home institution and evidence of your citizenship status.
  3. See the application form for further details, including where to lodge the form.

Before applying for units taught by these faculties, check the eligibility criteria:

Closing dates for applications

Semester one: 30 January
Semester two: 19 June

Some faculties accept cross-institutional study applications for their summer and winter units. Closing dates for these units differ. See summer and winter units.

To enrol

You will be advised in writing of the outcome of your application. If successful, you will receive information on how to enrol in the units.

If amending your enrolment for cross-institutional studies, you must do so at both Monash and your home institution by the deadlines to avoid fees and fail grades. See Monash University census dates.


You will be charged either a full-fee or Commonwealth supported place (CSP), based on selection criteria and the availability of places.

If we offer you a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), you need to complete the Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form in the Web Enrolment System (WES).

Monash will charge the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) based on your enrolment mode and study load. See SSAF fee amount. You cannot get an SA-HELP loan to defer payments for cross-institutional study. Monash will not charge the SSAF if you have been charged by your home institution for the cross-institutional study. You will need to provide proof of upfront payment or incurred SA-HELP.


Once your results are released, you can order an official academic record through the Web Enrolment System (WES) or Monash Connect.

For details, see academic records (transcripts).

Related links

Got a question? Monash Connect can help