Skip to content

HELP loans for New Zealand citizens


From 1 January 2016, some New Zealand citizens could be eligible for HELP loans.

If you're in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), you could be eligible for:

  • a HECS-HELP loan to pay your course fees
  • an SA-HELP loan to pay your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)
  • an OS-HELP loan for financial assistance to do part of your course overseas (to help cover expenses such as airfares and accommodation).

If you're in a domestic full-fee place, you could be eligible for:

  • a FEE-HELP loan to pay some or all of your course fees.

The Australian Government made this change recently. We're in the process of updating our WES Commonwealth assistance forms, but this will take some time to complete.

Got a question? Monash Connect can help