Skip to content

Changes to personal information


Change of name, gender, date of birth

If you officially change your name, you need to advise the University.
To do this:

  1. complete the variation of personal details form (pdf, 0.16 mb)
  2. attach supporting documentation (e.g. marriage or birth certificate, change of name decree)
  3. submit the form and documents to Monash Connect on your campus.

There may be implications to changing your name or gender if not all records match.
Check the details on the form.

Change of address

You can change your address in the Web Enrolment System (WES). We can't take requests by telephone.

Research degree scholarship holders

Research degree scholarship holders must update personal details in WES and also notify Monash Graduate Education.

International students

As a condition of your visa, you are required to provide your address to Monash University.
You can do this by updating your details in WES, within seven days of:

  • arriving in Australia
  • changing your address.

Responsibility to notify

It's your responsibility to update any changes to your name and address. We accept no responsibility if:

  • we don't have your current address
  • you don't receive important communications (e.g. supplementary or deferred examinations, exclusion, discipline, invalidation).

Got a question? Monash Connect can help