Work with us
Startup Community Associate
We're currently seeking a Startup Community Associate to help execute our community engagement strategy.
This role is all about creating positive experiences, you'll want to bring an energetic and ambitious energy to this role, and enjoy creating engaging events, workshops or interacting with young entrepreneurs who are on a mission to make real impact with their work.
You will also provide communications, event and administrative support related to the core activities of the Generator. This includes responsibility for developing and implementing face-to-face and digital forms of engagement with our community.
A day in the life of the Startup Community Associate will require working closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager, ensuring the Generator is regularly sharing and engaging with our audience. You'll be on the pulse with what’s happening across the university and in the startup space, sharing opportunities and maintaining good databases of our community. You will have a good eye for creating captivating content, whether it’s putting together copy for a web page or creating an engaging Instagram story. You will also provide support to the co-working space, ensuring we make it exciting for our users.
Within an average week, you will work on:
- Putting together content for use across our main comms channels
- Helping on-board and support startups using our co-working space
- Supporting to put together online and in-person events
- Engaging with our community through Slack and in-person at our co-working space
- Keeping a track of activities and engagement through our operations platform on Airtable
- You are really curious about startups and social enterprise and would relish the opportunity to work in this space
- You are super organised, using technology to help keep you productive
- You love creating content, from writing stories to creating images and videos to share on socials
- You have a hospitality mindset where you love people and are always keen to help
- You have a can-do attitude, always jumping in to help your team mates and offer solutions
Above all else, you will thrive on making people happy and helping the Generator deliver high quality experiences.
If this sounds like you, please apply via the form below.
This role is expected to provide support to the team a minimum of three days per week, and will be offered a HEW 5 $38.10 per hour rate of pay. While this is a casual role, we anticipate requiring support until the end of the year.