Work with us
Who: The Generator at Monash University
What: Full-time or part-time - casual
Where: Monash Clayton Campus
Remuneration: $59.17 per hour (inc. 25% leave loading) plus 10.5% super
- Drive a culture of entrepreneurship at a World top 50 University
- Amplify your impact at a world top 50 University
- Be part of a thriving startup ecosystem.
- Be surrounded by extraordinary innovations ideas - and the people behind them
Are you an energetic and dynamic individual with a passion for supporting entrepreneurship? Do you thrive in a vibrant, fast-paced environment and have a can-do attitude when it comes to getting things done? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! The Generator is seeking a Community Coordinator to join our team and play a vital role in supporting our community through our entrepreneurship programs, events, and our amazing co-working space.
The Generator is the central hub for startups and entrepreneurship at Monash University, offering a space for innovation, collaboration, and creativity for our students, staff, researchers and alumni of the university. We provide a supportive environment for entrepreneurs, startups, and change makers through our education programs, workshop and events that are focussed on taking people from idea through to scalable startup and beyond! We also have a dedicated co-working space at the Monash Clayton campus, providing an event space, workshop space and dedicated desks for our startups and the wider Monash ecosystem. Our community is built upon the principles of collaboration, diversity, and inclusivity, and we are committed to fostering a vibrant ecosystem that empowers our community to create change in the world.
As our Community Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact for our community, whether that’s through inbound enquiries, people attending our events, onboarding new participants into our programs or for startups working in the co-working space. As the Community Coordinator, you will have responsibility for ensuring our new and existing community members have a positive experience at The Generator. This also includes the day-to-day operations of our co-working space, from managing the environment through to making sure our members have an exceptional experience. Your vibrant and outgoing personality will be crucial in creating an engaging and supportive environment for our community.
- Serve as the first point of contact for enquiries, providing exceptional customer service and promptly addressing enquiries
- Support the team with participant onboarding, ensuring a smooth and seamless experience for our programs
- Provide logistical coordination for events and workshops, from venue set-up, catering and event promotion
- Support the wider Monash ecosystem to access the co-working space for events and visits, including booking the space, providing inductions on how to use the space and (where required) supporting the event or visit
- Oversee the daily operations of our co-working space, including maintaining a clean and organised environment, setting up new users with access and ensuring all residents are properly inducted into the space
- Foster a sense of community by actively engaging with our members, organising networking opportunities, and facilitating collaboration among community members
- Support the team to promote The Generator's events, workshops and programs through various channels, such as social media, newsletters, and community outreach efforts
- Collect and analyse feedback from our users to continuously improve our programs, events, and experience of using the co-working space
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in community management, event coordination, or customer service roles is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and engage with a diverse community
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities to manage multiple priorities and deliver exceptional results
- A proactive and self-motivated mindset with a can-do attitude towards problem-solving and taking initiative
- A demonstrated passion for entrepreneurship, startups, and social enterprise
- Proficiency in using digital tools, social media platforms, and event management software
If you are passionate about supporting the entrepreneurial community, have an outgoing personality, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you. Join The Generator at Monash University and be part of a dynamic team that is shaping the future of innovation and entrepreneurship.
How to apply
This position is being advertised as a casual role at Monash to help cover our peak program period to the end of the year. To apply, simply complete the application form and upload a current CV and your cover letter addressing the following points:
- Tell us about a time where you have gone above and beyond to provide an exceptional service or experience to a customer or user in a job or volunteer position
- Tell us about how you like to organise a busy workload? How do you plan and what hacks have you got for meeting deadlines?
- What excites you most about working with entrepreneurs and change makers at the Generator?
- Can you tell us a story about the best startup ecosystem event you’ve attended - and why was it the best?
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: Midnight, Sunday 11 June
Dr Simon Wilkins, Head of the Generator, +61 418 998 434
The Monash stuff
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Be part of our story. Work with us to #ChangeIt.
At Monash, work feels different. There’s a sense of belonging, from contributing to something groundbreaking – a place where great things happen.
We value difference and diversity, and welcome and celebrate everyone's contributions, lived experience and expertise. That’s why we champion an inclusive and respectful workplace culture where everyone is supported to succeed.
Monash avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments more easily.
At Monash University, the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, students and visitors is our top priority. In accordance with the Pandemic Orders issued by the Victorian Government Health Minister, we require all staff working or placed in healthcare facilities to be fully vaccinated (boosted) against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine in order to attend these locations.
For the latest information on COVID-19 at Monash, please visit our website.