A 12-WEEK PROGRAM FOR EARLY-STAGE TEAMS WITH TRACTION, COMMITTED TO RAPIDLY PROGRESSING AND SCALING THEIR VENTURE.
The Generator Team is thrilled to announce applications for The 2021 Accelerator Program are now open! The Accelerator is a 12-week program for early-stage teams with traction committed to rapidly progressing and scaling their venture.
This program is for Monash University change-makers, innovators, and big-thinkers (current students, staff, researchers and alumni) who are working on validated ideas or early stage startups to achieve significant and sustainable growth for their venture.
Over an intensive 12-weeks, you will be guided by Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EiRs) and mentors, provided equity-free seed funding and access to our gorgeous new co-working space to rapidly progress your startup.
The program is flexibly structured to accommodate the changing needs of innovators in 2021 and adapt to the ongoing challenges of global entrepreneurship.
You will have exclusive access to:
- 1 x weekly Masterclass (compulsory)
- Weekly 1:1 with your dedicated EiR (compulsory)
- Weekly pitch and communication practice (compulsory)
- A world-class advisory network of Monash alumni and startup superstars
- Dedicated space in the brand new Generator co-working space on Clayton Campus
- $10,000 in equity-free seed funding per team
Applications for the 2021 Program are now closed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You’ll be guided by some of the best startup coaches and mentors in Australia. In addition to your lead coach (Megan Flamer) and dedicated EiRs, the program also provides you with access to industry advisors to call on for specific support.
You’ll find your tribe. Alongside the Accelerator program and Generator team, you will be part of a select cohort, where you will support each other and become a network for each other for life.
Your path will be clear. The intensity of the 12-week program is designed to help you set and rapidly achieve milestones, and develop your path to growth beyond the program.
You’ll be connected to investors. The Generator actively works with investors of early stage startups. We focus on growing your traction and helping you communicate your value so you can confidently pitch - whether it’s to a customer, a partner or an investor.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Teams and individuals will benefit most from the program if they:
- Can show validation of the idea -- this can be an early minimum viable product, customers/users, a prototype or extensive insight through industry expertise or quality customer interviews
- Deeply care about the problem and have some domain expertise
- Are committed to growth and creating a viable venture
- Are open and willing to be guided by the coaches, mentors and advisors
- Have clarity about what they hope to gain from the program
At least one (1) team member with an active role or at least 10% equity in the venture must be a current student, staff member or researcher at Monash or an alumnus of Monash.
You and your team must also be able to attend all core components of the program. At least one member of each team MUST attend each session in its entirety to remain in the program. We keep these to a minimum so you have time to deeply focus on your business.
|Applications open||Tuesday 15 June 2021|
|Ask Me Anything Session||12pm - 12.45pm, Thursday 15 July|
|Applications close||11.59pm (AEST), Monday 19 July 2021|
|Panel interviews||Week commencing Monday 2 August|
|Program commences||Tuesday 24 August|
|Program Masterclasses and Pitch Practice||Tuesdays 10.30am - 12.30pm; 2.00pm - 3.30pm|
|Program concludes||Tuesday 9 November 2021|
|Showcase Event||TBC - End of November 2021|