AN EIGHT WEEK PROGRAM FOR EARLY-STAGE TEAMS WITH TRACTION, COMMITTED TO RAPIDLY PROGRESSING AND SCALING THEIR VENTURE.
The Accelerator is a program for Monash University innovators, entrepreneurs and change makers (current students, staff, researchers and alumni) who are working on validated ideas or early stage startups to achieve significant and sustainable growth for their venture.
Over an intensive eight weeks, you will be guided by Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EiR) and mentors, provided equity-free seed funding and work in a dedicated co-working space to rapidly progress your startup.
The program is flexibly structured to provide you with maximum impact in minimal contact hours, so you can devote your time to growing and developing your venture:
- 1 x weekly Masterclass (compulsory)
- Weekly 1:1 with your dedicated EiR (compulsory)
- Weekly pitch and communication practice (compulsory)
- Accelerator Dinners - a ‘reveal all’ dinner with a successful founder, mentor, or startup superstar every week
- Dedicated space in the brand new Generator co-working space on Clayton Campus (optional)
- $10,000 in equity-free seed funding per team
The Generator’s Accelerator Program has supported 34 early stage ventures to date. Notable alumni include Ally Assist, NextAero, Mindset Health, Tixel, Merry People and Additive Assurance.
On 11 November 2020 The Generator held our first-ever online Showcase, to celebrate the companies selected to participate in our first-ever virtual Accelerator program. You can watch the teams' pitches, contact them, support their asks, and find out about their latest traction and successes via the site here (made using Pory!).
Applications are now closed for 2020. 2021 program dates are coming soon.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You’ll be guided by some of the best startup coaches and mentors in Australia. In addition to your lead coach (Megan Flamer) and dedicated EiRs, the program also provides you with access to industry advisors to call on for specific support.
You’ll find your tribe. Alongside the Accelerator program and Generator team, you will be part of a select cohort, where you will support each other and become a network for each other for life.
Your path will be clear. The intensity of the eight-week program is designed to help you set and rapidly achieve milestones, and develop your path to growth beyond the program.
You’ll be connected to investors. The Generator actively works with investors of early stage startups. We focus on growing your traction and helping you communicate your value so you can confidently pitch - whether it’s to a customer, a partner or an investor.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Teams and individuals will benefit most from the program if you:
- Can evidence validation of the idea - this can be an early minimum viable product, customers/users, a prototype or extensive insight through industry expertise or quality customer interviews
- Deeply care about the problem and have some domain expertise
- Committed to growth and creating a viable venture
- Are open and willing to be guided by the coaches, mentors and advisors
- Are clear in what they hope to gain from the Accelerator program
To apply to the Generator’s Accelerator Program, at least one (1) team member with an active role or at least 10% equity in the venture must be a current student, staff member or researcher at Monash or an alumnus of Monash.
In addition to this, your startup company must have, or is able to obtain an Australian Business Number (ABN) prior to the start of the program.
You and your team must also be in a position to attend all core components of the program. We keep these to a minimum so you have time to deeply focus on your business.