The Environmental Sustainability Stakeholder Reference Committee (ESSRC) (previously Carbon Management Stakeholder Reference Committee) is a consultative committee established in 2008 to assist Monash University to decrease its environmental impact and to practice and promote behaviours that support activities which contribute to environmental sustainability within the local, national and international community.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference of the Environmental Sustainability Stakeholder/Reference Committee are to:
- Represent the views of stakeholders and external interests with regard to the implementation, perception and significance of environmental sustainability to Monash University;
- Review and advise on the environmental sustainability of the operations of the University;
- Provide support and guidance to the Senior Management Team (Property), Estates Committee and to the University community in order for the University to achieve improvements in environmental sustainability; or
- Review and advise on Monash's compliance with environmental sustainability legislative obligations, including review of audits and assurance reports.
- Evaluate Monash University environmental sustainability performance against internal and external sustainability targets and indicators;
- Review and make recommendations to Senior Management Team (Property) and Estates Committee in relation to further development of environmental sustainability-related commitments, policies and strategies, including establishment of University-wide performance targets;
- To evaluate information provided on all aspects of environmental sustainability at Monash University;
- To provide guidance on the education of the University community in relation to environmental sustainability and on the promotion of the University's environmental sustainability strategies.