If you don't have a smartphone or you're unable to install the Okta Verify or Google Authenticator apps on your smartphone, you can request a USB hardware device to register for MFA.
If you've already registered, learn how to log in.
- a U2F security key
- a laptop or computer with a USB port.
Register for MFA
- Contact your local Service Desk – they'll need to make for some changes to your account. Once those changes are confirmed, continue to step 2.
- Go to https://mfaoptin.monash.edu/ on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers only.
- Click Next.
- Click I can't install Okta Verify.
- Click Register now.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in.
- Under the Security Key (U2F) option, click on Setup .
- Click Register Security Key
- Insert your U2F Security Key into a USB port on your computer. Once inserted, tap the gold disc on your device.
- Click Finish. Your U2F Security Key has been configured and is ready for use.
- Click Go to my.monash.
You'll receive an email confirming your successful MFA registration.
Log in using U2F (FIDO capable device)
Follow these instructions on how to log in using your U2F device.
- When prompted by the login screen, enter your Monash email address and password, then click Sign In.
- When you see the following screen, insert your U2F Security Key. Once inserted, tap the gold disc on your device.
TIP: On your computer or the device you regularly use, tick Do not challenge me on this device again. When using that same device and web browser, you'll no longer have to complete an MFA challenge.