If you don't have a smartphone, or you're unable to install the Okta Verify or Google Authenticator apps on your smartphone, you can request a USB hardware device to register for MFA.
If you've already registered, learn how to log in.
- a USB security key provided by Monash
- a laptop or computer with a USB port.
Register for MFA
- Go to https://mfaoptin.monash.edu/.
- Click Next.
- Click I can't install Okta Verify.
- Click Order USB Key.
- Click Proceed with order.
- Select the YubiKey option for your device and enter your full name and email address, then click Submit order.
- Once you've received the YubiKey, follow steps 1 to 3 to register your YubiKey. When you see the screen below, click Register now.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in.
- Click Configure factor.
- When you see the following screen, insert your YubiKey and ensure the cursor is flashing in the box above the Verify button. Press and hold the gold disc on the YubiKey device. The YubiKey will auto-populate the field and submit.
Your YubiKey has been configured and is ready to be used.
- Click Go to my.monash. You'll receive an email confirming your successful MFA registration.
Log in using YubiKey
Follow these instructions on how to log in using your YubiKey.
- When prompted by the login screen, enter your Monash email address and password, then click Sign In.
- When you see the following screen, insert your YubiKey and press and hold the gold disc on the YubiKey device.
TIP: On your computer or the device you regularly use, tick Do not challenge me on this device again. When using that same device and web browser, you'll no longer have to complete an MFA challenge.