Mobile tethering or Personal Hotspot is simply sharing your mobile phone's internet connection with other devices like your laptop or tablet. The connection with most modern handsets can be made wirelessly through bluetooth or wi-fi.
- If you have a Monash supplied smart phone with a suitable data pack, tethering can also be cost effective, as you won't have to pay for separate mobile broadband service or buy additional hardware just to get your laptop connected.
- If you plan on purchasing a 3G/4G USB dongle for your laptop or a sim for your tablet, yet you have a smart phone with a suitable data pack there is no benefit in purchasing the additional device/service.
- Tethering without a sufficient Mobile data pack or while overseas can be very costly. You can discuss your requirements with the our mobile provider Solve communications on 1800 630 022.
Help and support
- Share your internet connection with Personal Hotspot (Apple iPhone or iPad)
- Setting up the mobile Wi-Fi hotspot for sharing internet (Samsung or Android)
- Contact Solve Communications on 1800 630 022
- Contact the Service Desk