- Monash provides mobile devices to nominated staff for business communications
- Monash reserves the right to recover costs for calls or data deemed excessive
- The Conduct and Compliance Procedure (pdf, 0.12 mb) provides the terms and conditions governing the appropriate use of University phones applying to all staff
The Monash default plan
A call to a mobile service from a desk phone is $0.13 per minute to a Telstra mobile and $0.16 per minute to any other carrier.
Staff on the Unlimited Plan are encouraged to use their mobiles for all Australian calls outside of the University.
When your mobile phone service is connected it defaults to $2 per megabyte. You should consider your situation and usage and ensure the data plan you're on best suits your needs.
Discuss or change your plan
- 1800 630 022 (9am to 5.30pm)
- (03) 9696 1234 (after hours)
Check your data usage
How to reduce your data usage
Using your mobile as a wi-fi modem can be costly
Use voicemail instead of call forwarding
Redirections from desk phones to mobiles are charged at $0.13 per minute and should be avoided where possible. Record your mobile phone number on your desk phone's voicemail instead.