Emergency Grants Scheme
If you are experiencing financial hardship, you may be eligible for the Student Emergency Grants Scheme (SEGS). This grant is for students whose financial situation is jeopardising their ability to continue their studies.
What a grant can't be used for
We cannot provide a grant for the payment of:
- library and parking fines
- amenities or visa fees
- HECS or course fees.
What it can be used for
Money provided through a grant can be used for essential living expenses, course materials or other unexpected expenses, and does not have to be paid back.
To be eligible for a grant, you must be:
- currently enrolled at Monash University
- at risk of discontinuing your study
- able to demonstrate exceptional financial hardship
- able to demonstrate an ability and intention to complete your course
How to apply
You can apply for a grant of up to $500. Submit an application to Monash Connect on your campus. You need to complete all relevant details of the application for it to be processed.
We encourage you to use our adviser services for help with budgeting and financial counselling.