This program runs every second year, alternating with the Senior Women's Shadowing Program. The Women's Mentoring Program will next run in 2019 with applications opening early that year.
The biennial Women’s Mentoring Program was introduced in 2000 and supports the career progression and development of female professional and academic staff. The program facilitates mentoring partnerships which provide women with opportunities to reflect on and grow their leadership capabilities, build professional skills and more effectively navigate Monash.
Benefits of being a mentee may include:
- Developing new skills and knowledge
- Identifying areas for professional growth and developing strategies to accomplish these
- Improved understanding of how Monash University operates
- Greater access to new networks and contacts
- Increased confidence in abilities
- Greater effectiveness in current role
- Enhanced career opportunities
- Improved leadership skills
- Enhanced enthusiasm for work and improved job satisfaction
Benefits of being a mentor may include:
- Developing skills in coaching, modelling and listening
- Enhanced self-esteem through recognition of professional abilities
- Increased organisational knowledge, especially from the viewpoint of the mentee
- Developing and demonstrating management skills
- Enhancing leadership skills
- Gaining a sense of satisfaction in assisting a colleague to develop professionally
- Increased job satisfaction
- Enhancing interpersonal skills
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-99029915.